All video Editing software crash's - Codec issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nankura

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Hey guys

lately ive tried multiple video editor's in an attempt to change a video around. and ive tried videopad, Windows movie maker 6.0 , and live movie maker 2012

And no matter what program i use, it crashs when trying to load the video, which original format was flv, but i used an flv to avi converter, i also tried the original flv video with videopad and it crashs

Windows movie maker cant read flv ofcourse

The video editor that works sorta is one called "Ezvid" but it shows the video as a purple line and no sound

Videopad - crashs when trying to process any video and load it up for editing
Movie maker 6.0 - crashs on startup - has my previous project ( the video ) opening by defauklt
Movie maker 2012 - same issue as above

When i load the movie makers without the video, they load up fine.

I also tested a random video and it works fine with a default wmv format. doesnt crash

i have the latest graphical drivers from ATi. i have an extremely stable system. the only thing ive ever done differently is installed a bunch of codecs from the k-lite codec pack

All of this makes me think its somehow related to my media reading/playback or codecs, because my video drivers are the latest version, and ive never had problem with ATi drivers and video before

So in all in all, i need a way to convert flv to avi or a format that windows movie maker can recognise and use without loosing quality

valem

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013

This link points to a download that is FILLED with garbage, spyware, malware, unwanted programs.
Very intrusive.

Moderator, please look into this and remove the post.

All others, do not make the same mistake, so not download this k-lite!!!

Thanks.

swifty_morgan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006

you must have malware on your machine pointing you to a bad site. I go directly to the software link with no problems.

valem

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
Nope, there is no malware on my machine.
The link is fine, it does go directly to the software link with no problems. The problem is the software itself, as it is very intrusive and loaded with unwanted stuff.
Without asking me it installed add ons to my browsers forcing all my default searches to be a some unknown search site.
And also my Scotty the watchdog kept barking, warning me of lots of new programs at startup.
I blocked them all, and had to uninstall the ad-ons and some other stuff.

If I had a machine I didn't care about I would install it again just to make a video of what it installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.