AMD Radeon during installation a new Catalyst I got blackout

Wici

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi,

I would like to ask you about this issue, I had to update my driver for AMD Radeon R7 260X on my laptop and when I tried to install it I got just one message, that it can make blackouts.

catalyst started to check and after that whole displey was down due blackout and nothing works, only turn off...

had someone the same problem?

is there any possibilities how to solve it?

thank you for your ideas.

I am using Win 10 on Lenovo Z50.

Wici

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test weather if it will boot up normally or not.
- If that doesn't work try loading in Safe Mode. While the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it shows Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode.
- Once in Safe Mode go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver then reboot your laptop.
- Once rebooted and you're able to load to the desktop screen, do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's the complete guide on how to do this...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving that issue.
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then test weather if it will boot up normally or not.
- If that doesn't work try loading in Safe Mode. While the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it shows Advanced Boot Options and select Safe Mode.
- Once in Safe Mode go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver then reboot your laptop.
- Once rebooted and you're able to load to the desktop screen, do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's the complete guide on how to do this.
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- If all these will not work the only solution would be to run a complete factory reset.

Solution

Wici

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
I tried to disassemble and clean the entire cooling system and suddenly the driver installs and works.

but thank you very much for your ideas, I was afraid that I will have to run factory options.

Wici