@ and " reversed on UK keyboard setup

redskywalker

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
I'm trying to sort the key settings on a Dell Latitude laptop, at the moment the @ and " are reversed. I have already reset the default keyboard to UK in regional settings and removed the US keyboard option. I have also changed the location to UK. None of this has worked! The keyboard setup remains the same with theses 2 keys reversed. Any suggestions?

Just discovered the £ sign has also been replaced with the # key as well.

Solution
Try the following if not already done so.
Click on start menu and in search panel type keyboard, just key usually works you'll see options above select change how your keyboard works select that and check what the your keyboard setting are there you can also change your layout in by clicking, Add a Dvorak keyboard and change other keyboard input settings.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First do try to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the same problem will persist do try using the OnScreen Keyboard or an external UK Keyboard and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the Onscreen keyboard or the external keyboard will work normally that means it's the built in keyboard that is faulty.

redskywalker

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
I uninstalled the keyboard driver and rebooted - still the same! Then I brought up the OnScreen keyboard and blow me if it isn't showing the @ on the 2 key and " on the , I presume this means that (although I have reset the local umpteen times and the language bar confirms I'm using the UK keyboard) it's actually using the US one?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Try the following if not already done so.
Click on start menu and in search panel type keyboard, just key usually works you'll see options above select change how your keyboard works select that and check what the your keyboard setting are there you can also change your layout in by clicking, Add a Dvorak keyboard and change other keyboard input settings.

Solution