Solved! Android GPS software

Brian_278

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
About a year ago I tried a few GPS programs and even the best one, was way off. I walked approx. 500 yards from my home and it still showed me at home. My wife and I experimented a few times, but every single time this program failed.
Just wondering if there is a GPS location program, one you could use for your family or friends that is accurate.
Thanks.

Solution
Are you sure it was 500yrds? I use Google Maps. Sure, it can be slow updating after I cross an intersection, but I don't have to be far from it for it to catch up. It always shows me right were I am. I use Google Maps. Works for me.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Are you sure it was 500yrds? I use Google Maps. Sure, it can be slow updating after I cross an intersection, but I don't have to be far from it for it to catch up. It always shows me right were I am. I use Google Maps. Works for me.

Solution

Brian_278

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
yep, 500 yards, and I was still at home, according to this software.
I want to track my family and friends, so when I bring up the software I can click on a name and see them, whether they are in my town, or in another part of the country, not sure Google Maps can do that.

Brian_278

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
okay me bad, i see that you need to dig a bit in google maps, but you can share your location in real time, so we'll play with that a bit and see how it goes :)