Any way I can monitor my microphone even if it doesnt have a headphone input? Latency free

nonni123

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
So I got myself an MXL 990 XLR microphone, and I'd like to monitor the sound of my voice without latency, but it doesnt have a headphone input, is there any way I can monitor my voice latency free via a mixer or something? Is it possible?

Solution
I know what you mean about the latency delay sometimes in a computer recording situation. I have the same problem and have to turn off the earphone pass through because there was some serious delay in the setup I had.

Meanwhile, using a standard analog mixerboard with headphone monitoring and mic inputs introduces absolutely no delay whatsoever. Voice just instantly shows up in the headphones. So - look into a DJ mixer board of decent quality (it's pretty affordable if you shop around).

Rookie_MIB

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
I know what you mean about the latency delay sometimes in a computer recording situation. I have the same problem and have to turn off the earphone pass through because there was some serious delay in the setup I had.

Meanwhile, using a standard analog mixerboard with headphone monitoring and mic inputs introduces absolutely no delay whatsoever. Voice just instantly shows up in the headphones. So - look into a DJ mixer board of decent quality (it's pretty affordable if you shop around).

Solution