Apple Peel Turns iPod into iPhone, Arriving Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdsox

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
this just in ipad now has call abilities....

so what do you do just stick it up to your ear??? talk on a tablet lol.

should be called is h i t

bunga28

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
he's going to sue them and then he's going to sue Orange (the French Phone company) for having a fruit name like Apple. And then he's going to sue Apple music company that is owned by sir Paul McCartney for infringing the Apple name.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I have a feeling this will be a wi-fi phone, since there's no HSPA/GSM chip, yes I suppose the attachment might have the chip but to avoid issues with Apple tapping on the shoulder of the wireless providers, you have to wonder!

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]anyone else notice that it says nothing about what carrier you will need to use?[/citation]

Yes. Because you don't need a carrier. That's the point.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Do some research guys - this is a gsm adapter for the ipod touch...

If this was a voip / wifi adpater i'd be seriously concerned - my toshiba palmtop did voip almost 8 years ago...

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]will_chellam[/nom]Do some research guys - this is a gsm adapter for the ipod touch...If this was a voip / wifi adpater i'd be seriously concerned - my toshiba palmtop did voip almost 8 years ago...[/citation]

Nice! If they also make a Peel 3G, you wouldn't need wifi, if they make a Peel 3G for iPhone people with the first iPhone can have 3G & those with an iPhone 4 can finally use it;-) , & if they make a Peel 4G, Jobs will certainly sue ;-)

G

He'll sue... But not Apple Corps (the record company started by the Beatles). Apple Corp already sued Apple Computer for stealing their name and image.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer

[citation][nom]bunga28[/nom]he's going to sue them and then he's going to sue Orange (the French Phone company) for having a fruit name like Apple. And then he's going to sue Apple music company that is owned by sir Paul McCartney for infringing the Apple name.[/citation]

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]Here's the Original Tom's Guide Article from August 17, 2010The Case That Turns an iPod Into an iPhoneSo by the looks of this new Article today, the 22 year old developer was able to find some investors to produce and market his device.[/citation]
I'm more inclined to think Apple gained the technology through far more deceptive means, such as blatant theft, coercion, or a lawsuit threat, as opposed to Apple offering to buy it, or the guy offering to sell it to them.

I feel kinda bad for people who bought both.

G

[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]I'm more inclined to think Apple gained the technology through far more deceptive means, such as blatant theft, coercion, or a lawsuit threat, as opposed to Apple offering to buy it, or the guy offering to sell it to them.I feel kinda bad for people who bought both.[/citation]
Except if Apple had acquired it through what ever means, then the price definitely would be much higher. Cause Apple can't have anyone thinking that Apple can be had on the Cheap when Apple controls the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.