AlexandF

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
So I have until the end of the week to decide whether to get Z30 for under 800€ (it's on discount) which is my budget. My question is whether it can be used as an ONLY pc? I'd be using it at home, mostly for watching movies and seldom playing games no heavier than LoL. I'd probably need more storage for home so i'd get a external hdd and at home I'll probably plug it to a bigger screen. For school I'd use it on lectures + excel, powerpoint and word.
I'd really like a windows equivalent of MBA. I know there are Asus devices with better gpu that cost a bit more. Such as this. Do you think that be better for me even with it's hdd?
Here's an old post I made here with more info of what I'm looking for. Hope you can help!

Edit: this was copy from my reddit post so the links didn't show up. Here they are:

Z30
ASUS

Reddit post with more info

Solution
The Z30 should play LoL just fine, although I'm not sure if it would run smooth on maxed settings. For the uses you described though, it's more than enough and the SSD is the deciding factor imo, since size is not an issue if you are using an external for storage. The ASUS one uses what I'm guessing is a hybrid drive which won't give you quite the same level of performance.
The Z30 should play LoL just fine, although I'm not sure if it would run smooth on maxed settings. For the uses you described though, it's more than enough and the SSD is the deciding factor imo, since size is not an issue if you are using an external for storage. The ASUS one uses what I'm guessing is a hybrid drive which won't give you quite the same level of performance.

Solution

AlexandF

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply! Went ahead and ordered it, just needed a little reassurance ;)