Aspire e15 not powering up

Kitzkrieg

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
So I have tried all possible fixes if this was a software issue. But it is still not powering up.
What I have is the Acer Aspire e15 - 521.
Last night I hit the power button and went to bed, and then this morning I hit the power to go back to work on it... And nothing. It shows the battery light, and had the HDD light on. But seemed like it may have locked up on shutdown the night before. So I did a forced power off. And then tried to power up.. But now it only showed the battery light, but nothing else.. No fan, no flicker on the screen.. Nothing.
So as I said above, I tried to work through the possible software issues, I tried removing the battery, cord and holding the power button for 20 seconds, then again 60 seconds. Power cord in, then battery.. Still nothing.
So now that those options are out of the way... And also trying an alternate power cable, and still no success.
What components or part, could be causing this laptop to not get power past the input for the cable?
What I mean is:
Could it more than likely be :
-Battery
-battery charger connector board
-motherboard
-some other component(s) I cannot think of...?

Thanks very much!

Solution
Did you try without battery, just with the charger connected?

remove the HDD and try powering up

if more than one RAM stick is installed, remove one and exchange while just one is connected, try in both slots

still warranty on it?

did you try another charger with the correct voltage and wih enough power and not just the power cord?

if the charge connection is broken, you can replace or resolder it to the board.

the laptop should work without the battery, if not it´s not the battery.
Did you try without battery, just with the charger connected?

remove the HDD and try powering up

if more than one RAM stick is installed, remove one and exchange while just one is connected, try in both slots

still warranty on it?

did you try another charger with the correct voltage and wih enough power and not just the power cord?

if the charge connection is broken, you can replace or resolder it to the board.

the laptop should work without the battery, if not it´s not the battery.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS