Astro A40 + Xonar DX = No Sound

madskull

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014
Hello, I am facing a big problem. I just received Astro A40 and I connected the USB plus the optical cable to the computer. Turned on Dolby Digital Live on Xonar DX Audio Center, and unless I make the USB the playback device I receive no sound at all, can anybody help?

PS: The optical port on the motherboard not the sound card itself as I don't have the adapter.

Solution
Give us a rundown of how you have things connected... for example did you get the a40 as part of the a40 sounds system or just the headphone. If you got the sound system then it cam with mixamp so we need to know how you hooked things up. What I'm thinking is that you have it hooked up wrong. Since thew Xonar doesnt have an optical port and appears to be your primary soundsource - then theres nothing coming thru the motherbds sounds system which inlcudes its optical port.

popatim

Splendid
Give us a rundown of how you have things connected... for example did you get the a40 as part of the a40 sounds system or just the headphone. If you got the sound system then it cam with mixamp so we need to know how you hooked things up. What I'm thinking is that you have it hooked up wrong. Since thew Xonar doesnt have an optical port and appears to be your primary soundsource - then theres nothing coming thru the motherbds sounds system which inlcudes its optical port.

Solution

madskull

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014

Well bought A40 with mixamp, hooked up headset plus mic to mixamp via included cable. Connected mixamp to computer via USB and optical ports on the motherboard with the included cables.