ASUS AI Suite III Setup will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaywrox

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hi All,
I just bought a new PC. The configuration is below. I have installed all the drivers and essentials. I want to install the AI suite III but not able to because the setup won't start.

I've clicked on the setup.exe and the asussetup.exe as well. I went to ASUS website, downloaded the suite for my OS and same thing happens. Nothing comes up on the screen. The process could be seen in my Task Manager just sitting there for hours and the setup still starting.

Kindly help me solve this issue.

Asus Z87-Pro
Intel Core i5 4670k
16Gb Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
3GB ASUS Radeon HD 7950 DirectCU II TOP

Solution
Hi All

I've have had the same problem and been trying to work it out since I bought this mobo back in Oct. Today I have finally worked it out. All you need to do is download the latest version of AISuite III, right click on the zip file, properties , and click the big button that says Unblock and hit apply. You will now be able to install without any of the above post and if needed you will be able to uninstall without any problems.

I hope this works.

Enjoy

ur6beersaway

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Uninstall any remaining Asus programs, then start windows in safe mode and run this:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...te-III-Cleaner

Restart into normal windows mode and download this newer version of AI suite listed here, decompress it but don't install it yet:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-restart/page2

In the drvresource folder right-click on HMservice/aaHMIns.exe and AXSP/axinst.exe and change the compatibility for all users to run as administrator.

Run the main Ai suite installer (asussetup) as administrator. Nothing seems to be happening again but just check your task manager for a process called axinst.exe. End that process and the installer should magically start working.

the EZupdate still doesnt work for me though. I re-installed windows but I still had to do the axinst.exe trick to get it to work...

ur6beersaway

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Uninstall any remaining Asus programs, then start windows in safe mode and run this:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...te-III-Cleaner

Restart into normal windows mode and download this newer version of AI suite listed here, decompress it but don't install it yet:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-restart/page2
4-way means if your haswell board has 4-way optimization or not

In the drvresource folder right-click on HMservice/aaHMIns.exe and AXSP/axinst.exe and change the compatibility for all users to run as administrator.

Run the main Ai suite installer (asussetup) as administrator. Nothing seems to be happening again but just check your task manager for a process called axinst.exe. End that process and the installer should magically start working.

the EZupdate still doesnt work for me though. I re-installed windows but I still had to do the axinst.exe trick to get it to work...

vijaywrox

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

This worked like a charm. But I still did it in Normal mode instead of Safe mode as I did not read your reply properly the first time (I was tired...)

Thank you all for your time and replies. Really appreciated. Also, as a side note, I managed to OC my CPU using the AI suite to 4.2Ghz :D and my Case is still cool thanks to the 5 140mm fans installed and I'm planning to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler from CoolerMaster sometime soon.

Attaching the direct link for the ASUS AI Suite III Cleaner in case someone else slips into my shoes later: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B926mvzob6fcTUhlSkxsR3lRV0E/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

bobmail

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Nothing seems to be happening again but just check your task manager for a process called axinst.exe. End that process and the installer should magically start working.

This worked for me.

montyb

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Hi All,
i know that it's too late but it seems like i found ultimate solution. So if u want to install everything with no errors or process ending follow these steps.
1) Go AI Suite folder and on every single exe file (including subfolders) perform Right click - Properties
2) In the right bottom corner click Unblock file
3) Then change the compatibility for all users to run as Administrator.
4) Run AsusSetup
It worked for me to install DIGI+ with no problems

Matony1989

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
All I did was I :

1. insert support DVD
2. utility/install AI suite III
3. Nothing happnes -> open task manager and terminate ASUSsetup*32 exe.
4. it then installed all sub-utilities for AI suite iii

:)

HunterRiach

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

Yay! worked, it took some patience, but it worked :)

Gareth Tandy

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Hi All

I've have had the same problem and been trying to work it out since I bought this mobo back in Oct. Today I have finally worked it out. All you need to do is download the latest version of AISuite III, right click on the zip file, properties , and click the big button that says Unblock and hit apply. You will now be able to install without any of the above post and if needed you will be able to uninstall without any problems.

I hope this works.

Enjoy

Solution

Pravuz

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Thanks! This worked like a charm! :D the links in the post marked as "best solution" are gone, so this was the only alternative that worked for me :)

JQuon126

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Hello Community,

I'm currently running into the same problem that others have been experiencing in this post and I've tried all recommended solutions. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to install the AI suite III via CD or download. When I try it from the CD after about 15 minutes it will restart my computer and give me an error message stating something like "Unable to start program." When I try to install from the downloaded zip file, nothing happens.

Again...I've tried all recommended solutions. Anyone have any other suggestions? Please help.

Wagzy

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013

Can agree that this works, take 5 minutes to all of them but it works :) Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.