Asus Charging Issue

Dave Koedel

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
I recently purchased a new Asus G750JM laptop and noticed right away that the battery icon says plugged in and charging, but it isn't. It was at 38%, but would not charge any further. I unplugged the AC adapter and let it drain to about 35% and it now says plugged in and charging, but won't go past 35%. The laptop runs fine on AC power so I thought defective battery. I returned it to Asus and received a new one only to see the same issue. I've tried all the tricks also, deleting drivers and reinstalling them. I've tried removing the battery and holding the power button down. Nothing works. Does ANYONE have any ides what this could be? BTW, OS in Windows 8.1

Kind of off topic, how come you got the older G750 insead of the G751?

On my laptop I've also had weird issues with the battery, for example one time it wouldn't show how much it was decharging. And when it did and went to around 30%, the laptop would turn off from the battery really at 0%.

For now, try going to asus's support page and looking for a new BIOS download for your laptop.

Dave Koedel

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

Basically the price was good. I did update the BIOS also, no luck. Could it be a Windows 8.1 issue?

Dave Koedel

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

Basically the price was good. I did update the BIOS also, no luck. Could it be a Windows 8.1 issue?