ASUS G46VW Msata not booting without PXE OpROM

And238

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I have an ROG Notebook from ASUS (Model: G46VW).

I just bought a 120GB Patriot Pyro M3 Msata drive SSD to install on it. My issue is getting the BIOS to find the drive.

One way I was able to get the BIOS to recognize it: I had to Disable Secure Boot Control, Disable Fast Boot, and Enable Launch CSM.
After those steps, I was finally able to locate the Msata drive in the bios. I installed windows 8.1 and everything went swell, booting and rebooting.

However, after the notebook is shut down for maybe 4-6 hours or so, the bios cannot locate the msata boot drive upon start up.
My settings are still saved: (Secure boot & fast boot disabled, Launch CSM enabled) but I just can't find the msata in the SATA selections.

I've tried every possible change in the bios, tinkering around, and there was only one success, Enabling "Launch PXE OpROM". Doing this allowed my bios to find the Msata drive, but also an "Atheros Boot Drive?" thingy.
So I moved the boot order and made the Msata boot option #1, and Atheros boot option #2 and it is able to boot windows 8.1 fine.

But again, 4-6 hours after i shut the notebook down. again the BIOS cannot find the Msata drive. It's driving me insane!

I have to disable/re-enable PXE OpROM for the bios to find the msata (and the atheros drive), change the boot order, and boot from msata. It is SO ANNOYING. please can someone give me insight?

And238

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

I checked the time and date, and it is correct.