Asus G750jx motherboard issues?

Flowerpod

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Hi

So, my laptop is about 2 years old. Last time it randomly shutdown was about two months ago.

Recently it shut down in mid usage, twice in three days. But this time, when I turned it back on, a green vertical pixel appeared and persisted on the monitor.

Took it to ASUS and they are charging 200 for the LCD replacement and 570 for the motherboard replacement.

I don't even know what's wrong with the motherboard but I know I seemed to be overcharged for the LCD repair.

Is there a possibility of the bios chip being the problem or it needs thermal re-paste? It's too much money for repair that only warranty for another 3 months.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if the same problem will persist.
- Next is to connect an external monitor on your laptop and see if the same lines and discoloration will appear.
- If the same problem will persist that means it's the motherboard that is faulty. (the GPU)
- If it will display normal on the external display that means it's just the LCD that is faulty not the motherboard.
- You can also do a simple check with the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard if it's seated properly.
- About the replacement screen from ASUS that's a little over priced I think so as well but you can always get a replacement screen from Ebay or Amazon.