blazs91

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Hi everybody!

I've just bought a new ASUS ROG G750JZ notebook. My main concern is its cooling system, because I got 86 Celsius on my graphics card (GTX 880M) while I have been playing Crysis 3. Is it normal? Will it damage my rig on the long run? Can I play hours with this temperature? I'm really worried... :S

Many thanks for the help in advance!!

Solution
No, I mean if it runs closer to 90 C, then you should probably contact Asus. Remember that the laptop needs to be on a flat surface and the back vents should not be obstructed to allow good airflow, too.

Your current temps are safe, but if you notice them steadily rising, and you're treating the laptop well, then you may need to touch base with Asus or the reseller you purchased from so that they can examine the cooling system.

blazs91

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for the rapid response, but what do you mean on "Keep an eye on that GPU!"? Do you mean that If it holds that 86 C temp for a long period it would ruin my machine?

No, I mean if it runs closer to 90 C, then you should probably contact Asus. Remember that the laptop needs to be on a flat surface and the back vents should not be obstructed to allow good airflow, too.

Your current temps are safe, but if you notice them steadily rising, and you're treating the laptop well, then you may need to touch base with Asus or the reseller you purchased from so that they can examine the cooling system.

Solution

blazs91

Estimable
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks man! I've just tested the rig with Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (74 C) and Ryse Son of Rome (75 C). So the Crysis might be a steel eating monster :)