GeKKo525

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Hey!

My laptop started making this sound about a week ago and I have no idea what's causing it. It usually happens when I scroll or move the cursor around(either with mouse or touchpad), but sometimes it happens just randomly. It doesn't seem to affect the performance in any way as far as I can tell.

Here's a sample recorded with an iPhone as close to the chassis as possible.

It's coming from this part of the laptop. This part looks like this on the motherboard ( Bottom - Top ).

Not sure if I should be worried or if it's somewhat normal.

EDIT: It started at around the time when I put an m.2 ssd (275GB crucial mx300) and an extra 8gb ram stick into it. Not sure if it has anything to do with it tho, I hope not :D

Solution
The sound in that file is extremely low. Barely can hear it. If that is the case, I would say it is just the system running. It doesn't sound like anything wrong. Computers do make different noises like that over time. Especially when things change, are added, fans run more, etc.
The sound in that file is extremely low. Barely can hear it. If that is the case, I would say it is just the system running. It doesn't sound like anything wrong. Computers do make different noises like that over time. Especially when things change, are added, fans run more, etc.

Solution

GeKKo525

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015

Thanks for the quick answer! The sound doesn't really make any difference, just wanted to know if I should run back to the store to get a repair or it's aight. :D