ASUS N550JV Internal Microphone not working

douglange

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
After upgrading to 8.1 I had a few problems with hardware, Nvidia etc. I have fixed all of them except that I can't get the internal mic. to function. (or an external one) I have done ALL the obvious things in control panel, device manager says it's functioning properly. I have been on the phone with ASUS support several times about this issue with only temporary help. After re-installing the latest driver the mic will usually work for an hour or two and then stop. ASUS says I either need to revert to 8.0 or wait until there is an update that will possibly fix it. I am wondering if I should update the BIOS which is currently version 207 to 208. Anyone have a clue if this may help? Thanks

armapker

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
Well updating the BIOS wouldn't hurt (so long as you do it correctly...keep it plugged in with a battery installed just in case the laptop becomes unplugged and dont run other programs or turn off your computer...if something goes wrong in the BIOS update your computer is toast).

Reverting back to 8.0 also wouldn't really hurt unless there is an absolute killer feature on 8.1 you cannot live without. If it were me, I would just go back to 8.0