Asus n750jk dead,black screen,unable to access bios,no boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha90

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Hi,sorry for my English. I bought anew asus n750jk. It came with no os. I put a DVD with windos 8. Entered a bios mode. And boot order was 1. Sandisk ssd 2. Machita DVD 3. Cd/DVD. I put a cd/dvd in the first place,then went to f10 button,save. Laptop resets itself and after that,completely dead,black screen,no boot, nothing. Went to dealer,they gave me the another new laptop. Same thing happens. Any solutions? Thanks!

Solution
Whatever i press screen,screen is black all the time. I know how to get to boot menu,it's impossible. I got mail by asus today,it's a bios fault. They told me to return laptop and ask for money back.

popatim

Splendid
It has no OS (Operating System) you need to give it/install an operating system to boot with.
If you would like to test you can download a linux boot (or Live) disk image and burn the image to a black disk and use that to boot with.
You might try knoppix: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

I realize you said you put in a disk but you did not specify what was on the disk. If the disk wasnt bootable then thats the problem.

Let us know if you need help creating a bootable disk from the download, its not as simple as just burning the download to a disk.

Sasha90

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
I have done this instalation many times before. Disc works perfectly i instaled it on 4-5x computers. It's impossible that i can't even acess the bios menu. When i power on laptop,screen is dead,no logo,no boot, nothing!

oskar270

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
To access the BIOS when you boot you must press a function key (F2, Esc, Delete etc) as soon as you press the power ON button. This way you will get into the BIOS and set it to boot from a DVD first and not from the hard disk

Sasha90

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Whatever i press screen,screen is black all the time. I know how to get to boot menu,it's impossible. I got mail by asus today,it's a bios fault. They told me to return laptop and ask for money back.

Solution

valyo_bg

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
You need to open bottom case, remove/unscrew laptop battery, then remove memory (RAM) from both slots. Then you will see 2 double little contacts on motherboard plate (behind RAM modules). Using tiny screw driver short both pins of them one by one for 30 sec at least. This will reset CMOS (BIOS). Then install RAM modules, battery and try to start laptop - should be fine. I have same problem with ASUS N750JK. it's work normal and after shutdown I cannot start laptop any more - only black screen, both FAN's are working and HDD/DVD led flashing every second. After CMOS (BIOS) reset everything work fine. My BIOS version is 203, there is no new version in ASUS website, but will update asap with new version when is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.