Asus R500VJ left cntrl and shift keys not working

fencergirl

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
Hello,
so for a couple days my left control and shift keys haven't been working. I wasn't having any issues with them until they suddenly stopped working, so I wondered if it was some kind of software issue? I tried restoring to before I had the issues but my computer said the restore point was corrupted!

I do have a key missing near, but not right next to, the two keys that aren't working now. So possibly something got in there and stopped it from working? What do you think - software or hardware? Anything I can try? I live in Japan so it's not too easy to get it repaired.

fencergirl

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
So, to answer my own thread, the most recent Windows update has somehow miraculously fixed the problem (which I think means Windows 8 somehow caused it in the first place.) Of course, I just bought a new computer a few days ago...

fencergirl

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
So, to answer my own thread, the most recent Windows update has somehow miraculously fixed the problem (which I think means Windows 8 somehow caused it in the first place.) Of course, I just bought a new computer a few days ago...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kyle Candize Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Adhary Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 3
Xandersuys Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1