Asus wont power on, blinking leds

Yuusatsu

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
Straight to the point. Today my Asus X555L shut down itself and would not start. Power led and flight mode led would blink every second with no additional sound coming from the inside. I did disassemble it and saw the fan start to move every second, rhytmically, together with leds. Does anybody know how to solve the issue, is the motherboard dead? Just to let you know, I tried to power it on with every device off. No success whatsoever.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

hang-the-9

Titan
Since you already can take it apart, remove the CMOS battery if it's removable, remove the main battery. Hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in only wall power and see if it turns on. If it does, plug in the CMOS battery and see if it works then. It may work for a bit then die though. See what happens when you remove the RAM and hard drive, does it beep at all due to RAM being out? If not, that is a sign of a bad motherboard.

hang-the-9

Titan
Since you already can take it apart, remove the CMOS battery if it's removable, remove the main battery. Hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in only wall power and see if it turns on. If it does, plug in the CMOS battery and see if it works then. It may work for a bit then die though. See what happens when you remove the RAM and hard drive, does it beep at all due to RAM being out? If not, that is a sign of a bad motherboard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sérgio Ferreira Laptop Tech Support 0
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
URAIBLAKHANI Laptop Tech Support 0
logorrhoeic Laptop Tech Support 3
doantientai94 Laptop Tech Support 3
MarleT Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Mahdi87 Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1