Aug 13, 2018
My Asus X200m notebook recently stopped working while caliberating old battery . Now when I put charger on or put batttery and power on the laptop , nothing happens but the processor chip starts heating up ........ Please help me as I'm too fond to this system. I also replaced the thermals and fan .

Solution

Yes, but you can not tell if it is getting the right amount of power. You do not have schematics to be able to understand the...
Aug 13, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from pkaydeezines : "ASUS X200M Chip level issue"

My Asus X200m notebook recently stopped working while caliberating old battery . Now when I put charger on or put batttery and power on the laptop , nothing happens but the processor chip starts heating up ........ Please help me as I'm too fond to this system. I also replaced the thermals and fan .

engineer5261

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
It's difficult to troubleshoot a laptop motherboard down to component level such as you are attempting - if you can not spot a blown capacitor or a visual indication (burn marks, molten components) then it may be near impossible to troubleshoot. Even if you do spot something it would mean that there is probably additional damage to the silicon that can not be seen with the human eye. Best recommendation would be to buy another one, or to buy the motherboard and replace it.

Aug 13, 2018

My processor chip is heating that means it's getting power and checked circuit and power is flowing continuous along the ckt .

engineer5261

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016

Yes, but you can not tell if it is getting the right amount of power. You do not have schematics to be able to understand the functioning of the individual circuit blocks, you do not have information on valid input / output levels at various stages / points around the circuit so you can not troubleshoot that way. Tbh even if you had all the engineering documentation and tools required to get scope shots it would still be quite a pain to figure out whats wrong.

Asus's own repair technicians do not attempt motherboard repairs if the solution is not obvious (i.e. a hand solderable/replaceable part appears burnt/blown) - they would just replace the entire higher level defective assembly. This is because such electronic circuit boards have become so densely packed that they require machines to place, solder and assemble. The connection / test points would be too small to probe by conventional test equipment & most IC's and components would require industrial equipment to replace or solder to the board.

You are out of luck. Get service, new laptop or attempt to replace the entire motherboard

Solution