Asus X205T Boot from SD

Federico99

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Hi everybody, I have an Asus X205T but I don't have enough space on hard drive. I have thought about upgrading the Hard Disk but it seams to be impossible...

So I thought: Is it possible to put a 128GB Micro SD and to run Windows 8.1 Booting directly from it without keeping anything on the HD?

Thanks in advance,
Federico

Solution
I think the answer will be no.

You need to go into the laptop's BIOS to see if a SD card slot is listed as a bootable option. I have not heard of a laptop with such a capability. You may see an option to boot from USB so that means it should be possible to clone the c: drive.

However, it is simply best to keep the laptop as is, insert the SD card and install programs / save files to the SD card.
I think the answer will be no.

You need to go into the laptop's BIOS to see if a SD card slot is listed as a bootable option. I have not heard of a laptop with such a capability. You may see an option to boot from USB so that means it should be possible to clone the c: drive.

However, it is simply best to keep the laptop as is, insert the SD card and install programs / save files to the SD card.

Solution

Federico99

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016

Thank you very much for your answer.
So, I checked the bios and it has USB, the main drive and network, so I assume it can't be done.
Still thank you for your help, I'll probably follow your advice getting a micro sd and putting programs on it.

Br,
Federico