Asus x540 won`t turn on

DanielMarius

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
So, yesterday I tried to turn on my Asus x540s laptop and it wouldn`t work. It turns on, gets the cooling fans going, shows up the ASUS logo and then restarts again and again when it gets to the logo.
Funny thing is that IT WILL work if I press 4-5 keys with my hand at once while it`s booting, but after it logs in and gets to the windows 10 desktop the keyboard won`t work at all and it`ll restart and won`t work again if i don`t press random keys on the keyboard.
Hope it`s not a hardware issue, as I`ve taken great care of the laptop specifically for the purpose of not having to send it into service (who knows how much it`ll take them to fix and send it back, we all know how hard-working those guys are) , even if it`s still in warranty.
Thanks in advance :)

http://icecat.us/us/p/asus/90nb0b31-m01890/laptops-X540SA-XX018D-33314702.html

Solution
I have never heard of this problem, but I had something almost similar to your problem.

Those are all guesses since hard drive or ssds contains your personal files and the operating system.

Method 1. If you have a spare hard drive or ssd with windows installed, try swapping your hard drive with it and see if the problem is still there.

Method 2. If you don't have any spare hdds or ssds, then try backing up your data/personal files completely and do a fresh install of windows 10.

If the second method doesn't work and the first one did, then your hard drive "MAY" be corrupted or damaged.

If you've done anything above, just update me here and tell us how it went with you. Best of luck!

Ayman H

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I have never heard of this problem, but I had something almost similar to your problem.

Those are all guesses since hard drive or ssds contains your personal files and the operating system.

Method 1. If you have a spare hard drive or ssd with windows installed, try swapping your hard drive with it and see if the problem is still there.

Method 2. If you don't have any spare hdds or ssds, then try backing up your data/personal files completely and do a fresh install of windows 10.

If the second method doesn't work and the first one did, then your hard drive "MAY" be corrupted or damaged.

If you've done anything above, just update me here and tell us how it went with you. Best of luck!

Solution

DanielMarius

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I don't think this is hdd related, even though I thought this would be the problem at first.
See, if I hold down the "sleep" key , f1, it will boot up, but only as long as I keep it pressed. I did that and checked out the hardware settings, drivers, and looked for missing or damaged files on the hard drive.
The hdd seems to be just fine...
Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it :)