ASUS X551M laptop won't turn on even though the lights indicate that is is?

Viligant

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Evening, I've has this laptop for 2 years. It's an ASUS X551M. This problem happened about a month ago where I was surfing the net and out of nowhere my laptop turned off on me and I was never able to get it to work since. Both lights (power and the battery) work just fine. I was thinking it could be a battery issue since it's soon going to be 3 years that I bought this laptop and also I constantly had to keep it plugged in. If not, the laptop would turn off about a couple minutes later. I noticed after it completely turned off that day though, whenever I try to power it on, I wouldn't hear anything running at all and if I'd listen really closely, I'd faintly hear clicking noises even though my lights indicate that my charger is plugged in and it's turned on. Can anyone help me with this issue? I'd highly appreciate it.

Solution
Did you try the system without the battery? If not, do that. Also remove the battery and power plug, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, then try it again. If that also does not work, check with an external monitor maybe the screen is bad. Is the clicking you hear coming from the hard drive or is it electrical noise from the power plug area? Maybe remove the hard drive and see if the system starts at all then even into the BIOS screen.
Did you try the system without the battery? If not, do that. Also remove the battery and power plug, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, then try it again. If that also does not work, check with an external monitor maybe the screen is bad. Is the clicking you hear coming from the hard drive or is it electrical noise from the power plug area? Maybe remove the hard drive and see if the system starts at all then even into the BIOS screen.

Solution