Asus X55l battery issues

Asim_1

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
My Asus X55l laptop has been having problems such as the battery indicator light constantly blinking orange. Before this, everything was fine except for the fact that the laptop's charger would only charge if plugged into the outlet in a certain way and if it was even slightly moved, it would stop all charging. Along with this, when the laptop is turned on, when you hover the mouse over the battery indicator to see how much time is left, it constantly says it is at 91% with 10 hours left.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter if it's still in good working condition.
- Do test the AC adapter if it's still supplying enough voltage to power the laptop.
- Remove the battery off the laptop, plug it in its AC adapter then see if it will boot up and stay on.
- If it will boot up or will stay on that could only mean that the AC adapter needs a replacement already.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" from Device Manager.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the AC adapter.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter if it's still in good working condition.
- Do test the AC adapter if it's still supplying enough voltage to power the laptop.
- Remove the battery off the laptop, plug it in its AC adapter then see if it will boot up and stay on.
- If it will boot up or will stay on that could only mean that the AC adapter needs a replacement already.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" from Device Manager.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the AC adapter.

Solution

Asim_1

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

Hey There,
The laptop itself stays on without being plugged in, but won't charge with the charger plugged in, so as you said, it is believed to be the Ac Adapter's fault, and I am planning on replacing it also. However, I'm confused as to if this would explain the Blinking Battery/Charging Indicator as I'm not very tech-savvy.
Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS