ASUS Zenbook FN+F2 Problem!

actionguy87

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
So, something weird is going on and I have not found anyone with an answer. Just look at this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/4wfLHz1.jpg?1

Do you see it? The LED light on the F2 key which represents the ON/OFF status of Airplane Mode is ON... but here's the kicker: Airplane Mode is NOT on! The LED light seems to be working in an inverted manner! When I turn Airplane Mode on, the light turns off. And when I turn Airplane Mode off, the light turns on. Before I clean installed Windows 10 which removed all of the original ASUS software that came with the laptop, this was not the case! Something broke along the way. Does anyone have a single itty bitty clue what might be causing this?

And I thought that the LED might represent the status of my wifi so I turned the wifi and Bluetooth off - nothing changed. Help!

metalicgeek

Estimable
Try updating all of the utilities and drivers to the latest Windows 10-compatible versions. Some software that ASUS bundles with their laptops is essential to the functionality of some of the keys. The chipset drivers may also be responsible for your issues.

mcsuchti

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
Hey, another worried zenbook user here. I got the same problem as described but updating the drivers wouldnt work with me. If anyone knows another solution for this pls help ;D

mcsuchti

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

Hm i already had the ATK package installed but when i try to install the chipset driver from the win 8.1 section it tells me that my pc doesnt fit the minimal system requirements. And yes i tried to run it as admin or in compatibility mode. Man this bug really bothers me even more now u.u

mcsuchti

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

I did an upgrade install from the pre installed windwos 8.1 and afterwards did a reset through windows 10 so its a more "clean" install without mcafee and the other pre installed programms.

markyuk

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
I called ASUS in the UK about this. They replied that the light SHOULD be on when Flight Mode is disengaged and SHOULD be off when it is engaged. The light shows that the aerials and receivers are operating.

I mentioned that this is at odds with every other light indicator on the device and he admitted that it is 'strange' that it was designed that way but it is not an issue - rather, it is a design feature...

mcsuchti

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
Oh.. ok now i fell kinda dumb, but thank you all for your contribution. I guess i have to live with this design decision then and I'm sorry that i wasted your time. :D