asus zenbook ux303ln not booting, power and f2/airplane button on, cpu pipes hot

rokosart

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Hey techies,

so i have the following problem. Yesterday night i worked with my laptop as usual and turned it off still plugged with ac. today i try to startup the laptop and the power button lights on (or was already) but nothing more happens. The screen is black but after a minute the f2/airplane button lights up as well.
Once i had a problem with this zenbook, which was quite similiar and i could get it booting up after unplugging the cmos battery and plugging it in again. this time it didnt work. :( i unplugged the battery, pushed the power button for minutes, only used the ac, plugged out the ssd, the ram, the fans. nothing helped. but i noticed that the cpu pipes got hot. so something is going on but i don't have enough knowledge to understand.
oh and what is interesting as well: i cannot "shut it down". doesnt matter how long i press the power buttons, it just stays on if the battery or the ac is plugged. (yet the orange or green light for charging is missing since plugging it in and out for the first time)

is this f2/airplane + power button light some special code telling me the motherboard is broken? is it a hardware problem or could i somehow get into the bios?
do you guys have any tipp what i could try next? i will contact asus on monday for sure, but i guess they will just push me to give it in as always...

thanks for reading, hope someone can help
much love

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

rokosart

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018

well i couldn't try your suggestion coz the laptop died completely. wont react on powering on. thanks anyways, i guess it was a hardware-fault, maybe overheated.