Asus Zenbook UX303ub Freezing

souvlakifish

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
Hi, I recently purchased an Asus Zenbook UX303ub, and this laptop looked amazing on paper, yet I am facing a countless amount of problems with it.

The biggest problem is the constant freezing that occurs, usually when watching videos or listening to music, I contacted ASUS support, and I updated all BIOS and graphics drivers as suggested, yet the problem still remains. I have spent days trying to find a solution for this problem, yet I know Asus isn't the most reliable brand when it comes to devices, yet I urgently need a solution.

When the computer does freeze, the backlight keyboard remains, the flashing LED light stays on, yet the display, keyboard, and mouse is unresponsive and the only solution is to force shutdown.

Specs for this computer include:
Intel i7 - 6500U @ 2.50GHz
8gb ram
Nvidia geforce 940M

Hi,

Since you've already done BIOS update and Graphics card update which didn't solve the problem I would suggest reinstalling Windows since it's a new laptop you won't loose any important stuff I presume?

Here's how to do a factory reset with your laptop. (just click on "Reset your PC")
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

If after the reset and the same problem will persist I would suggest contacting ASUS support for a repair because it's a hardware problem already not software.

souvlakifish

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016

Hi,
I forgot to mention that I have already performed a factory reset the moment I started to notice the problem after I bought it which was about 2 months ago, and as mentioned I have attempted to contact ASUS support, yet the solutions that they provided were very basic and didn't help at all.

Should I bother performing a second factory reset?

crystal570

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Hi There,

Just wondering if you ever resolved your freezing problem and if so, how? I purchased the same laptop (same specs and all) in July and I'm experiencing the same problem - constant and totally random freezing. I use the machine for work, so it's becoming quite the issue. Hoping I can get this resolved asap!

Thanks in advance,
Crystal

arthurc604

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
To throw my name in the hat too, I've had my UX303UB for a full year now and I've also been having a hard hanging/freezing issue about once a month, and I use the laptop about 10 hours per day. When it does happen, the display is frozen, and there is no LED response to the caps lock key. I've updated to BIOS 206 hoping that would help but about a month later the issue has happened again. I've been updating drivers from time to time in the past year with no change. One person has suggested that I replace the memory but that would be a $60 random test. The issue doesn't seem to be related to load - when it does happen, the laptop is nearly idle. It's too bad because other than that, it has been terrific and hardly shows any wear and tear. Hinges needed a little bit of greasing but all good otherwise.

iamtov

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
I've had a ux303ln in the past, hinges broke after 6 months of mild use, HDD crashed after a year and it finally shut down and never woke up again after 2 years and 3 months.
I wanted to know if you experienced any problem with your ux303ub so far

Baru_Belajar

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
I also experiencing these freezing problems.

It freezes when I use the machine to listen to the music or surfing on youtube.

I bought the laptop in Indonesia. The freezing started to occur about 2 months ago and it happens more frequently these days.

I have not found any good solution for this problem except for what you shared (updating BIOS etc.).

Should anyone here have any solution, please share it. Thank you

Albert_62

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
I used to have similar problems with my UX303UB
I solved the freezing by updating every drivers
You can use slimdrivers to detect and update the missing and outdated drivers

iamtov

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
My freezes started when I changed my hard drive (i switched to win 10 at the same occasion) and didn't install the right drivers. Make sure your drivers are up to date and in the proper version of windows

joshipuspa

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
All the ASUS laptops are crap. I have Asus UX305UA and it freezes a lot. Nothing solves the problem - updating the driver, factory resetting. I think the ASUS laptop have the hardware issue. The only soulution is not to buy any ASUS laptops.