AT&T Customer Service Ahead of Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
It's amazing that according to Vocalabs, AT&T has been #1 in customer service....yet according to other studies they've been #4 for the last few years...

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Customer service in just about every industry is horrendous. Poorly trained people who essentially read from scripts, confusing mazes of automation before you can get to a real person. Often times hitting 0 no longer gets you someone like it used to.

The company that implements good customer service will end up making a lot of money.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I don't have an issue with their customer service, I have an issue with their data plans pricing.
But again, that goes for every national provider.

Aragorn

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
I have had several positive experiences in the years I have been with AT&T (since 1998) and no bad ones. My Mother, Brother and Sister all tried verizon and ended paying the cancellation fees to get back to AT&T after a few months each (I give my sister some credit for sticking it out for 8 months with them, that was tough).

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I hated being on Sprint because the "service" sucked. We're talking maybe 4 or so years ago. Since then, I got on Verizon, and now the "customer service" absolutely blows, at the expense that I actually have FiOS. now and really good "service".

G

Wait...something isn't right here. So Vocalabs is saying that previous to this survey (June 2009) that the ranking was #1) Sprint, #2) AT&T [tie] and #2) T-Mobile [tie], then #4) Verizon.

Umm, I don't think so. Everyone knows Verizon was in 1st and AT&T was dead last.

Way to shoot down your own integrity, Vocalabs! I hope whatever AT&T paid you, it was worth it.

JermsMalibu

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Ummmm....yea, I'm going to call BS on AT&T having the best customer service. I left them a year and a half ago because when they messed up a bill and I talked to them, a customer support manager refused to fix it and told me that I don't matter to them since they have millions of other customers. So yea, I dropped them and have been with Verizon since and whenever I've called them, they've been plenty helpful.

G

ehh its costumer service, who cares? if your too dumb to figure something out than you shouldn't have it in the first place. i really only care about data speeds, plan prices and device selection, reliability is also a plus

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
For those who arbitrarily choose believe one set of studies and just as arbitrarily discount another set, the answer will be what they want it to be. Translations: Haters hate because the want to hate.

leper84

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]For those who arbitrarily choose believe one set of studies and just as arbitrarily discount another set, the answer will be what they want it to be. Translations: Haters hate because the want to hate.[/citation]

Haters hate cause we've been screwed over by AT&T through every interaction.....

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]leper84[/nom]Haters hate cause we've been screwed over by AT&T through every interaction.....[/citation]
I had Cellular One through Cingular through AT&T for over 15 years. Never had bad service or a problem they didn't fix right away and compensate me for my trouble. I'm not sure what kind of effort it takes to get "screwed over," but it hasn't happened to me. Probably saved more than $4K over the years compared to the cost of (admittedly better coverage in rural areas) Verizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.