AT&T Prepares for Tablet Boom, Offers Postpaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The benefit is clear, post paid customers who go over their allotment get extra data for cheaper. 4GB for $50 vs. 4GB for $45. Of course, on other carriers, you get a 5GB or 10GB soft-limit for only $30, should you choose to download that much data.

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
so... if I go over my allotted time I have the 'option' to pay $10 per GB, or I can pay $25 per 2GB? Something seems a bit wrong with this pricing.

G

There's no mention of whether existing data-plan customers have the option of converting to postpaid, and I've found nothing on the AT&T website, nor through the iPad Cellular Data settings module.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I wish someone on Tom's would post & tell me where I can get designer handbags and shoes. That information just seems to be constantly missing.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
$14.99 for 250 MB - LOL!!! WOW!!!
That much for what amounts to 33% of one CD worth of data. Uncompress music on an audio CD would like like 3 or 4 songs before you ran out of data.
I likely consume more than that PER DAY watching netflix.
I've downloaded a single file that was 32 times bigger than that!!!
Price should be...
$20.00 for unlimited data and a fee for going over 20GB in a single day.
The problem is that these executives that create this pricing by just looking at how much data is in an MP3 and how much is in the average webpage. Both of which don't take much data at all... oh, and because they're greedy.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
my question is how they determine what a "tablet" device is. Does it have to be on they sell? Can it be any tablet with a particular 3G card and if so, how does ATT verify that its a tablet and not a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.