Audio distorts when moving the trackpad

chrisbradshaw

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
Recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 510s (i5-6267u, iris 550) and when I'm watching a video or listening to music the audio will sound distorted sometimes when I move the cursor. Sometimes it lasts a couple of seconds and will result in the driver crashing and my headphones disconnecting (3.5mm).

Interestingly when I'm using a USB mouse this never happens, only when using the trackpad. I've tried using different media players and different browsers but it happens on VLC just as often as youtube and amazon music.

I've reinstalled drivers for audio and the trackpad but it's starting to get irritating.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Lutfij

Splendid
Have you made sure your audio drivers are up to date and you installed them in either compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 (from drop down menu)
or in an elevated command
Right click installer>Run as Administrator
Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date? Realtek have had a rough patch with the new OS. Anywhere from crackling, popping to misplaced/mismanaged audio ports.

Lutfij

Splendid
Have you made sure your audio drivers are up to date and you installed them in either compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 (from drop down menu)
or in an elevated command
Right click installer>Run as Administrator
Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date? Realtek have had a rough patch with the new OS. Anywhere from crackling, popping to misplaced/mismanaged audio ports.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nexus_Heathens Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Raj Negi Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Q Laptop Tech Support 0
O Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Paultshe Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 0