aikamchawla

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
hey guys,
i am a newbie here and am setting up my home theater room and needed some help deciding the best audio and acoustic setup regarding the same.I am very confused and your expert guidance would be welcomed.
I currently have two 50 watt speaker which are in really good condition, i am hoping if i can somehow use them.

My aim is to buy a good receiver and two speakers first and then built onto it with time, Currently i am comparing between these:
Sony STRDH550
Sony STRDN850
Yamaha RXV377
Yamaha RXV477
Denon AVRX520BT

I have a budget of INR 20K for Receiver and 15-20K for Speakers.

Room:
So the room is 16 feet long and 9 feet wide. The projection screen is on the 9ft wide wall and there are really big windows on two of the walls ( one opposite the projection screen and on adjoining it). Although these are toughened glass and are coated with silicon sealing but still i'll be covering them with large curtains for better acoustics. Also any suggestion regarding the same are welcomed.

Equipment that i currently have:
Amp- Ahuja's DPA-770 amplifier
Projector- Benq W1080
Speakers- 2 X Ahuja 50 Watt Dual Cone 8”
An old Edifier X 600 2.1 Speaker system which i hooked up all thanks to @amd4lif3 for helping me out (http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2352660/hook-speakers-amplifier.html)

aikamchawla

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014

Thanks for the prompt reply but I am on a tight budget

kanewolf

Judicious
Polk are usually OK. I have never listened to Jamo. I have been a big fan of Paradigm speakers. All I can say is that mixing speakers can give you some undesirable changes in audio as sounds transition from one speaker type to another. The tone (timbre) of the speakers won't be the same.

aikamchawla

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014

Okay then i'll just be using the front speakers now and will later on buy the same brand's surround.
Also i'm getting a really good deal on yamaha RX V475. Any idea if it would be a good option? i'm getting it at half the price of Sony STR DN 850.