Audio Interface with RCA output.

ayiesyahir

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
Hye guys,
Sorry to ask buat I'm a beginner in Audio thing..I have an Audio Interface Behringer U Phoria UMC 2. And a stereo speaker Sony SS-VX3A which I have converted the wire to a RCA Cable. But when I connect it to the RCA output there is no sound came out from that speakers. And at the same time I plugged in a mini speakers which used 3.5mm jack to the Headphone output, it work perfectly fine.. Is it that my Sony didn't work with audio interface and needed some kind of external power ? Or the Audio Interface is only work with Audio Monitoring speakers ?

Solution
That is a passive speaker so you would need an amplifier to drive it from the output of the Behringer. You do have a pair for stereo? An amplifier of 20-50 watts per channel will probably be OK. Could be a small digital amp or an old school receiver.
The mini speakers are designed to work with the same amount of power as a pair of headphones so they do work.
That is a passive speaker so you would need an amplifier to drive it from the output of the Behringer. You do have a pair for stereo? An amplifier of 20-50 watts per channel will probably be OK. Could be a small digital amp or an old school receiver.
The mini speakers are designed to work with the same amount of power as a pair of headphones so they do work.

Solution