Audio jack retasking/realtek driver settings in regedit

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
My headphone jack to my laptop broke and I found a way to remap the microphone jack into a headphone jack, (Google reaper x retask if you need to do the same) it works well...but the problem is the microphone jack doesn't have access to the internal headphone amplifier, so unless I use an amplifier the sound is weak and quiet. Is there a way to have the sound going into the microphone jack be routed through the amplifier? I am fine going through Regedit or doing pretty much whatever if there is a solution. I have Realtek 6.0.1.6305 drivers (and can update, but others don't have MaxxAudio) and the codec is ALC269. Thanks in advanced for any and all help.

Solution
It will be easier to change the headphone jack for a new one, if you know someone who could do that.

You ask : "Is there a way to have the sound going into the microphone jack be routed through the amplifier?"

The sound is coming from the amplifier, but for the microphone you have a capacitor and a resistor who is higher than the one for the headphones.
This is the reason the sound is weak, until you change the resistors, you can't change the strength of the signal from the audio chip.

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

They're separate jacks that are the same piece of hardware, (same model number, essentially the same thing) what they are can be changed in the registry.

It will be easier to change the headphone jack for a new one, if you know someone who could do that.

You ask : "Is there a way to have the sound going into the microphone jack be routed through the amplifier?"

The sound is coming from the amplifier, but for the microphone you have a capacitor and a resistor who is higher than the one for the headphones.
This is the reason the sound is weak, until you change the resistors, you can't change the strength of the signal from the audio chip.

Solution

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

Thanks, looks like I'll either have to risk it and do it myself or just deal with it.