Question Audio playback is too fast - Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

king-slim

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my ASUS Transformer T100TA after a blue screen failure. However once it was installed I found that I had no sound, which also stopped video content and websites like YouTube from playing their content.

After several days of searching for drivers and help I finally got sound back using the 'Driver Talent' program, but there's still a problem...

Audio playback is too fast on mp3's, videos, and websites.... and in addition I now only have sound on my left speaker [although I have stereo audio through headphones].
I've run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter which reveals no issues and all the drivers appear up-to-date. Can anyone help???

Have you tried going into "Control Panel" and then "Sound". On the "Playback" tab click on your speakers (or headphones if they are connected) and then click the "Properties" button.

In there click on each of the tabs (levels, etc.) and check all the settings in each one. Be sure you save any changes you make. This should help with getting it to work correctly.

Now with the external options (played I am assuming through the 3.5mm port) it is possible that the port itself isn't working correclty, or the headset isn't. So be sure to test this separately from the internal speakers.

king-slim

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Have you tried going into "Control Panel" and then "Sound". On the "Playback" tab click on your speakers (or headphones if they are connected) and then click the "Properties" button.

In there click on each of the tabs (levels, etc.) and check all the settings in each one. Be sure you save any changes you make. This should help with getting it to work correctly.

Now with the external options (played I am assuming through the 3.5mm port) it is possible that the port itself isn't working correclty, or the headset isn't. So be sure to test this separately from the internal speakers.
Thanks for your suggestions 'webworkings'... I had looked into the Speaker Properties parameters in the Playback tab as you describe above but there's nothing that controls playback speed and everything else looks fine or has no effect as far as I can see. The one thing that I thought had potential [from my research on online] was the 'Allow hardware acceleration of audio with this device' as I'd heard that there was a sliding bar that might allow control of this property. However I neither really understand what 'Hardware Acceleration' is nor can I access such a sliding bar in hardware acceleration properties.

king-slim

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009

Oh and I think you might have misunderstood about the 3.5mm port comment.... I do have stereo through the headphones jack port but not on the laptops speakers which were working fully before these errors arrived.

But thanks again

I see.

You have me then on the speed issue. I can't think of anything else that would have altered this, unless, of course, it is the wrong driver. Which while I know you searched for one to get to where you are, that doesn't mean it isn't a problem. You may wish to consider saving the driver you installed and then let windows search for one for your system. See if it installs a different one, if that one works, and if it resolves the issue.

Other than this, have you made sure there isn't anything else that could be running at the time that is causing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.