Avast Free fails to install on win 10 Home 64 bit

yourquote3

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
avast free fails to install in win 10 Home 64 bit, gets stuck at launch of executable C:\Program Files\AVAST\setup\CRT\InstallCrt.exe/avast/v140/debug/release....

Solution

Glad to hear everything got installed smoothly. It's possible that some remnant of the Bitdefender installation was interfering somehow; I would check to make sure...

yourquote3

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Thanks for your reply COLgeek,
I left the PC on overnight disconnected from the web, ran DISM then sfc, upon checking just now I found that Avast has successfully installed, how long it took I have no idea but many thanks for your response.
A bit of background is that I had Bitdefender free installed for some time with no problem, then it was updated to the online free version which failed to install repeatedly. I uninstalled Bitdefender but could not get Windows Defender to run properly it only would run periodic scans hence the need for another AV program.

Cheers

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

Glad to hear everything got installed smoothly. It's possible that some remnant of the Bitdefender installation was interfering somehow; I would check to make sure that it is removed fully. Bitdefender does provide a removal tool for this purpose: https://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/

Solution

TRENDING THREADS