Basic editing questions

Oleonius

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hi,

I want to start a vlog on YouTube. I have a Sony Cybershot camera but I never did editing before. I have some basic questions to ask you:

- First, what is a good editing software for beginners ? I would want a free one if possible.

- How do I do cuts in videos ? Do I have to do multiples shots and stop the camera after each ? Or do I film all in one shot and do cuts after ? Like in this video for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj2WhaGzR94

- How do I add images in the video while the audio continue to play ?

- Where can I find copyright-free music for videos ? I'd like to put it in the background while I'm talking or in my intro/outro.

Thanks in advance !!

Solution
The answers to most of your questions depends on which editing software you use. However, you will save time editing if you stop recording between shots. If you are using Windows and you could always try Windows MovieMaker ot if on a Mac iMovie.
The answers to most of your questions depends on which editing software you use. However, you will save time editing if you stop recording between shots. If you are using Windows and you could always try Windows MovieMaker ot if on a Mac iMovie.

Solution