Battery not charging with Replacement AC Adapter.

Lauriso

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hi there.

My Dell Studio 1555 adapter had issues so I bought a replacement offered to me at the store. I can turn my computer on, but the battery is stuck on "5% available (plugged in, not charging)"

I tried removing battery, uninstalling it in Device Manager, then putting it in again, but to no avail. I'm running Windows 8.1.

Lauriso

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Thanks, but my battery is fairly new and was perfect so far. Nothing was wrong with the port either. Could it be this charger just doesn't work for me? Should I return it and look for a new one?

Lauriso

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hey guys, thanks for your input, turns out that generic charger wasn't really right for my laptop. I went to the shop and they simply replaced it with one more fitting and now it's charging :).

Lauriso

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Meh, wrooong, it charged to 20%, then stopped again. The battery indicator light is giving me blinking orange signal meaning "An unauthenticated or unsupported non-Dell AC adapter is attached to your laptop."

Seems like they gave you the wrong charger again. Is the battery a Dell or a Chinese copy? If a copy, that may be the issue. Many of those last a few weeks then nose dive in holding a charge or even stop working. I have gotten several and every one has not lasted more than a few months without going down to like 30% of their full charge when new, one was about 10%. A good quality battery will take years to even lose 50% of it's capacity.

Lauriso

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hey guys, this is become curiouser and curiouser :).

Indeed, I have a replacement battery that I got like a year ago and it has been working fine. But now, for no reason whatsoever, the same charger charges the battery properly. Everything works again. Hm :D.