TheJJBman11

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Hey!

I am on Windows 10 and have previously used Norton - which crashed by PC so that's a no go + it costs a lot. I am currently using avast! which is pretty good; however, I need something more lightweight, the price is good and I presume the detection is solid also.

I have currently looked at: BitDefender Total Security and Kaspersky which both look very good. Please give me other suggestions also.

- Between £30 and £40, for at least 2+ PCs.
- Lightweight, since I game a lot.
- A firewall
- Sufficient protection online
- Some sort of 'Gaming' mode
- Very good detection rate
- A thorough full-system scan

- It doesn't need extra shit like password safes and antispam etc.

Thank you for all the help

Solution
Bitdefender 2016 or kaspersky they are the top 2 on av test and best protection / detection rates.If you want free get bit defender free with comodo firefall and malwarebytes for redundancy but best protection abstinence .Has never failed me.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-8/

I myself use eset since its light and i don't need that much protection but for people like my kids and wife bitdefender all the way since they like to click on everything.

DustyDanglerX

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
Bitdefender 2016 or kaspersky they are the top 2 on av test and best protection / detection rates.If you want free get bit defender free with comodo firefall and malwarebytes for redundancy but best protection abstinence .Has never failed me.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-8/

I myself use eset since its light and i don't need that much protection but for people like my kids and wife bitdefender all the way since they like to click on everything.

Solution

Prate_k

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
I would stick with avast, it doesn't use much resources and you have basic maintenance features which help you keep it your pc fast and clean. Since you are willing to pay i would buy an avast product. Well that's just my personal preference. And just to let you know I stick my usb into a lot of places like internet café and printing stores and campus computers and nothing has gotten onto my pc yet like for almost 4 years now. I tried avg but omg its like running a game on full settings (resource hogger). and norton is just annoying. Bitdefender and kaspersky, i haven't tried as yet because avast hasn't failed me yet. Maybe just maybe if it does then i'll try something else, which i doubt will be soon or anytime at all