Best gaming tablet

What is the best gaming tablet if money was no issue? I don't care if it is android, ios or windows.

All I look for is something that I can take anywhere and I should be able to use it under direct sunlight. It shouldn't weigh more than 1kg and be available in a dark colour like black. It shouldn't throttle under ambient temps of up to 40 degrees Celsius as I plan to use it in a conservatory and it is normally around 29 degrees Celsius.

Also I live in the UK.

Solution
I can't find any benchmarks but I'm going to say no. My reason is games are going to go for compatibility and at 2GB of RAM the 9.7 has more RAM than any other iDevice except the 12. The closest is the iPhone 6 Plus at 1GB of RAM.

Sammyjo201

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
Daym, this can be a bit difficult to find one, as something the size of a tablet which is a gaming device is very hard to make. Especially without it throttling. What kind of games are you thinking of using with this?

- Sam

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
The "best" (most powerful/highest res) would be one of the 2 in 1's like the SP3/4 and it's clones.

Otherwise the Nvidia shield tablet (really due for an update with the X1) for android or the iPad pro/pro mini if you are feeling iOS.

The Samsung tab s2 would be a pretty good choice as well

I am mainly thinking RPG games, like order and chaos 2, blade, sword of elysium if you can count that as one, RPG toram online.

For android, are the apps as optimised as ios. I know that the SP3/4 are very strong but their store is nowhere near as strong as android.

Finally, if I were to go with apple, is there a performance difference between the 12 inch and 9.7 inch models and do you know where I can get some good stands for these if they are the best option?

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

I'd say that in at least my experience that neither one really sees more optimization than the other at least in games. Mobile games are pretty much all just unity or the like with a little wrapper to hook into each system.

For the SP3 ya I just looked again still pretty sad selection for apps.

12 vs 9.7 In terms of GPU/CPU they have the same ones but at different clock speeds. The 12 gets a bigger battery, slightly higher resolution, higher chip clocks, and more RAM. The 9.7 gets true tone display and always on Siri and a lighter weight.

Stands I would say amazon or the like.

So between the 12 inch and the 9.7 does the ram make a difference in games?

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
I can't find any benchmarks but I'm going to say no. My reason is games are going to go for compatibility and at 2GB of RAM the 9.7 has more RAM than any other iDevice except the 12. The closest is the iPhone 6 Plus at 1GB of RAM.

Solution
Well in that case, it is the 9.7 inch version that wins. I hope this can last as 4 years as the person in the apple store said.

Thanks.

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
No problem. I would think 4 years should be possible though, I know quite a few of the original iPad air's are still around and they are 3 years old now.