Blizzard Banning SC2 Single-Player Cheaters Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Way to go Blizzard... please keep banning all these pathetic cheaters.

kevinqx

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Blizzard isn't banning players who are just cheating in single player, they are banning people who use trainers to modify the game client. Blizzard allows you to use official cheat codes that, when activated, disable achievements. The trainers which modify the game client do not disable achievements. I may not care about achievements, you may not care about achievements, but there are probably some people out there who do care about how many achievements they have compared to everyone else. It's part of the game experience that Blizzard is offering, and they are trying to protect its integrity.

In any event, modifying the game client is against the EULA you agree to you play the game for the first time. it should also be pointed out that these bans are not permanent bans, but 14-day bans.

G

I truly hate Blizzard now and never plan to BUY any game from them ever again.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
It seems kinda sad they're doing this. When I've played the life out of an RTS, I throw on cheats and things to squeeze out that last bit of playability.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Jeez.... just don't have any achievements for single player then. Not like anybody cares about single player anyway. 90% of the time is spent online.

G

How times have changed. Don't they remember that they put cheats in the original SC?

cp8427

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
That's just silly. It's only cheating if the other person knows about it. I don't blame Blizzard for banning those who've cheated on them. But then again, I'm not into commitments very much. Blizzard has gotten too clingy and jealous lately. If Blizzard was a woman, I'd cheat on her as soon as she said "We're gunna use real ID's today baby".

psiboy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Banning single player cheat codes etc! WTF! Combine this with having to relearn how to play World of Warcraft every 6 months with re-speccing and tree changes and skill changes and all I have to say is "Bring on Guild Wars2" Bli$$hard is starting to Blo$hard.... hehe Seriously the 1990's game Master of Orion 2 had a built in cheat recognition and you didn't get your name on the charts.. one line of code you lazy sh*ts at Bli$$hard!

ivanlucrazy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Wow it seems people really don't know how to read. You can use the normal cheat codes, aka Coinage in AoE, but you can't use trainers. Frankly they have every right to ban people who use trainers, especially if it's meant to preserve the achievements. Maybe you don't care about achievements, but there are people who do. In fact it is Blizzards job to make sure it is all accurate on that front.

kind of the point of any stats in any game that records them and shares them with others... What's the fun in knowing that half of the stats or achievements you see on a player can be fake or achieved by cheating?

Props to Blizzard.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]psiboy[/nom]Banning single player cheat codes etc! WTF! Combine this with having to relearn how to play World of Warcraft every 6 months with re-speccing and tree changes and skill changes and all I have to say is "Bring on Guild Wars2" Bli$$hard is starting to Blo$hard.... hehe Seriously the 1990's game Master of Orion 2 had a built in cheat recognition and you didn't get your name on the charts.. one line of code you lazy sh*ts at Bli$$hard![/citation]
They're not banning cheat codes, people can use the official cheat codes built in the game. Of course the official cheat codes disable the achievements for that game there on, so to enable achievements again we need to load a sage game prior to enabling cheats. If he was using a trainer and not the official cheat codes it's because he was after an achievement so he got what he deserved.

G

This is pathetic. Its a game. Blizzard need to be shut down, they are turning electronically fascist.

Status
Not open for further replies.