Blu Player with AV Composite Cables to use with Tube Tvs

Irelandxpress

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
I have several older Tube Tvs from 13 in to 24 in and I still enjoy them because you can put stuff on top like pictures, land phone, decorative etc. used to put vhs, cable box, dvd etc, but realized heat and magnetic on top of tv is bad to put other electronic devices. I got a blu ray player to enjoy the bonus features that are not on the dvd. I don't care about pic quality so I am ok with no hd tv. Adapter for hdmi to composite av does not work with new blu player to tube tv. So I am looking for a blu player that has av cables and I have an adapter for AV to Coaxle for some of the tvs that only have coaxle. Any sugesstions?

Solution
Have you considered just putting a shelf above the TV, or wall mounting it and stacking stuff below it? It would probably save you cash in the long run, given how power hungry CRTs tend to be...

You can no longer sell blu-ray players with analogue outputs (and the HDMI content is encrypted and cannot be converted to analogue) due to copyright issues: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230112

You might be able to find one second hand... but why bother? The 'features' of bluray are IMHO worthless; the only advantage for the consumer is better video quality, which you completely negate by using analogue.
Have you considered just putting a shelf above the TV, or wall mounting it and stacking stuff below it? It would probably save you cash in the long run, given how power hungry CRTs tend to be...

You can no longer sell blu-ray players with analogue outputs (and the HDMI content is encrypted and cannot be converted to analogue) due to copyright issues: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=230112

You might be able to find one second hand... but why bother? The 'features' of bluray are IMHO worthless; the only advantage for the consumer is better video quality, which you completely negate by using analogue.

Solution

Irelandxpress

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
Thank you, I just have an enjoyment for older Tech items and electronics and I like to try and merg them with new tech, but kind of like trying to stream Netflix with a 90's computer using dial up. NOT POSSIBLE, but typing a letter to a friend on an older computer and printing it out with an older printer is fun at times. So I guess keep the CRT tvs with poor picture and energy wasting to VHS and limited use. I know the HD tvs are really good and thats the main reason for the blu ray, I just enjoy all the bonus stuff.. I still have laser disc and video cd movies for collection.