Blue Yeti, Humming/Hissing sound from headphone jack.

Vizuka

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014
I just bought a Blue Yeti and i was going to try out the headphones monitoring/built in DAC/Amp, but when i plugged my headphones in and put the volume higher i noticed a very noticable hiss/hum coming from the mic, so i first thought it was the mic picking something up in my room. But then i muted the mic and the sound continued.

Is this normal? The noise only really gets annoying after putting the volume past 40% before that, i can still hear it, just not that much. I have tried it with both my earbuds i got with my Galaxy S6 and with my Audiotechnica M50X headphones :/

Any help or answers would be awesome!

What i have tried so far:

* Testing with 2 different headphones.

* Testing on my desktop and my laptop both with the charger connected and with it disconnected.

* Tested all of the USB inputs on my PC.

* Tested with 2 different USB cords. The one that came with the mic and another thicker higher quality and shorter one.

Solution
Disconnect cable TV / internet entirely from house.
DID the hum go away? If so, install a cable TV isolation transformer.
Cable can cause ground loops, and will create a noticeable audio HUM.

Lucky that most of the time, a special transformer will isolate the cable TV ground from the house ground, eliminating the ground loop hum.
Hope this is a solution for you.
Disconnect cable TV / internet entirely from house.
DID the hum go away? If so, install a cable TV isolation transformer.
Cable can cause ground loops, and will create a noticeable audio HUM.

Lucky that most of the time, a special transformer will isolate the cable TV ground from the house ground, eliminating the ground loop hum.
Hope this is a solution for you.

Solution