katerpoo

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
My parents are in assisted living and the only TV connection available is by coaxial cable. The TV is so blurry that it is driving my father crazy. The assisted living facility suggested setting it the TV to Cable Analog. I can't find this setting and I thought all broadcasts were in digital format anyway. I haven't been able to get anywhere trying to find out who the provider actually is or even whether it is cable or satellite so I can't talk to them directly. Can anyone suggest a way to get a better picture? Samsung UN55H6203AFXZA

Solution
I've not much experience, but with straight up coax, I don't think there's much you can do. The Tv should have some aspect ratio settings you can play with, this may help with some distortions in picture sizes, but if the tv takes coax, then there must be a setting for it somewhere's. Have you tried finding the manual on google? Nice tv's like that are made for dvi, hdmi, etc old analog signals look like crap on them without the proper hookups. Try the manual, and any video settings that you can find. One thought..if you had a tv capture card, you could input the coax to that, and use DVI, HDMI, etc on your pc's output, to that nice tv.

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I've not much experience, but with straight up coax, I don't think there's much you can do. The Tv should have some aspect ratio settings you can play with, this may help with some distortions in picture sizes, but if the tv takes coax, then there must be a setting for it somewhere's. Have you tried finding the manual on google? Nice tv's like that are made for dvi, hdmi, etc old analog signals look like crap on them without the proper hookups. Try the manual, and any video settings that you can find. One thought..if you had a tv capture card, you could input the coax to that, and use DVI, HDMI, etc on your pc's output, to that nice tv.

Solution