Brand new windows 10 lenovo laptop is slow and laggy

MayChanWQ

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
My brand new lenovo ideapad 710s (256GB SSD, 8GB ram) was quite slow and laggy. I had some trouble logging in - had to force shut down at the time. Later chrome and abode crashed and were unresponsive for a while. I ran Malwarebytes and then Avast scans and no viruses were detected. Laptop was still slow. Now I have uninstalled Malwarebytes and laptop seems a bit better (at least no lagging when typing etc) but it is surprising as I had used this software for a few years on previous laptops too.

I have up to 2 more days to ask the store for an exchange? Should the bugs be ignored?

Matthew_188

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
First thing I would is go into system manager and see how much of the system's ram is being used up as many new computers are often full of unneeded software that boots when you start your PC up (bloatware). You could either delete these pieces of bloatware or look at your 'startup programs' and disable the unessential ones.

I have no idea weather you should return it, maybe you should go back to the store and ask some questions

Laura-Gene

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

My sister recently bought a new Lenovo 110. This thing is slower than dial-up. I've checked and something is using about 60-70% of RAM, and up to 98% hard-drive. Unfortunately I'm only slightly less tech-challenged than her, so I don't know what I can delete or remove from start-up. Any specific tips you can give me on what MUST be there?

Paul NZ

Admirable
Notifications used to cause 100% cpu and disk usage depending on what version of Win10 was installed

I know Win10 1607 caused this. Even with 32 GB the system used to crawl

I've enabled them again for now (with build 953 - after last weeks updates). And so far so good