Feb 19, 2016
'Ey up! I have a DSLR camera, It's really good apart from the power system. You see, it uses normal AA batteries like you'd find in a telly remote rather that the usual lithium ion rechargeable things you'd normally find in a DLSR camera. This is fine but it sucks power really quickly. So as soon as I put fresh, fully charged bateries in the camera and try to record some video, it lasts 2 seconds and then it says low battery. Annoying, right?

My question is can I find another way of supplying power to the camera, ethier by some sort of adapter or other means, to use it. And can it be done without frying itself?

UPDATE: a solution has been found. Thanks to everyone who posted :D

Solution
You can buy Lithium AA batteries so try those, I use them in my Olympus digital flash-gun and you can imagine how much juice that needs for each flash, yet the Lithium batteries are well up to the task.

Not cheap but I think you'll find them far more durable than alkaline batteries.
You can buy Lithium AA batteries so try those, I use them in my Olympus digital flash-gun and you can imagine how much juice that needs for each flash, yet the Lithium batteries are well up to the task.

Not cheap but I think you'll find them far more durable than alkaline batteries.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

My secondary camera (Fuji HS-10) uses AA, and it will last quite a long time taking video.
Sanyo Eneloops.

USAFRet

Illustrious

That is very similar to my HS10.
You need to try different batteries. I've never ran video until the batteries run out, but I've easily seen 20 minutes of non-stop video from a single set of AA.