Can I connect my directv box to 2 tv's 40' apart

dogdaze66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
I have 2 HDTV's about 40' apart I want to share the same directv box. The remote TV should share the same picture and sound as it currently does with the remote sd TV i am replacing. Home has already installed coax. Neither HDTV has F-type connections. I used a modulator to connect box to coax from boxe’s composite out. How do I connect the other end to the remote TV?

dogdaze66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

Thanks, I ordered the splitter and extender. Sounds like this should work.

dogdaze66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

I hooked up the HDMI to a coax extender. The picture is good on remote TV but no sound - just static. I am not sure what would cause this.

clarkjd

Distinguished
So, you have the HDMI out from the directv box to the HDMI splitter. then one output of the splitter to the local TV, and the other output from the splitter to the HDMI extender? and from there to the remote TV? Did you get the extender kanewolf recommended or did you get a different one? if a different one, it is possible that the extender is a video only and does not pass along the audio.

dogdaze66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

I used a E-SDS 1080P HDMI Extender over Coaxial Cable,HDMI Signal to HD Digital TV Signal Based on DVB-T CATV Up to 328-1640Ft(100-500m) by Transmitter & Receiver CV0017. I have about 100' of coax. Since I posted I reset and disconnected & reconnected everything. The sound now works but is not synced to the the other TV. The TVs are within hearing distance and this creates an echo.

clarkjd

Distinguished

That may be normal. I have two TVs attached to separate cable boxes(same provider) and when they are playing the same channel, there is a slight echo between them.