Can I connect my old JVC DVD player to my Sharp Roku TV? The JVC player has 5 plugs (red & white, red, blue, green) that don't

daynezah

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Just want to know if my old (20 years) JVC DVD player with 5 plugs (red, white & red, blue, green) can be hooked up to my new Sharp Roku TV with sockets for 3 plugs (red, white, yellow).

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
no you need all of them hooked up. the red and white are audio and the yellow was the video. the composite with the red/blue/green is all different parts of the video split up. so you need them all plugged in to get the full video signal to the tv.

you'll need some kind of media converter/receiver box to use the dvd player with that tv.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
Oct 15, 2014
no you need all of them hooked up. the red and white are audio and the yellow was the video. the composite with the red/blue/green is all different parts of the video split up. so you need them all plugged in to get the full video signal to the tv.

you'll need some kind of media converter/receiver box to use the dvd player with that tv.

daynezah

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

jkhowtoam

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

If you just want to watch DVDs on your Roku it is possible to stream them from a PC to your Roku using VLC. There is a YT video called "how to stream dvd on roku" using Windows 7 no miracast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tlaudahl Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 3
Z Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1