Can I live stream from a canon vixia hfs20?

CogniLogic

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Before making the investment in a new camera, I want to know if I can live stream from my Canon Vixia HFS20 by connecting the camera's HDMI mini port to the Thunderbolt port on my MacBook Pro.

Solution
The thunderbolt port of a Macbook is not designed to be a video input. Typically what people do is to hook up their camera via USB and read the flash as an external drive, or maybe even easier, once recorded, move flash to a flash reader attached to Macbook. If u want to do this while recording in real time, I have not the faintest idea whether it's do-able. U should consult manual and search for "monitor."
The thunderbolt port of a Macbook is not designed to be a video input. Typically what people do is to hook up their camera via USB and read the flash as an external drive, or maybe even easier, once recorded, move flash to a flash reader attached to Macbook. If u want to do this while recording in real time, I have not the faintest idea whether it's do-able. U should consult manual and search for "monitor."

Solution
Mar 3, 2018
I have one, and HDMI port seem to be exclusively for viewing pre recorded material. as far as streaming live I don't think its possible, I was wondering myself, if you find otherwise please let me know