Solved! can I recover data from iPhone 7 with broken screen for free?

dudeawsomeness1

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
My brother's phone got smashed up and the screen is completely hopeless, I can't get it to respond on any part of the screen. I don't want to buy a screen for it because I don't think it's worth it. The phone seems to work just fine otherwise as far as I can tell on the lock screen and siri. Is there some software I could use to bypass the password or extract the data?

dudeawsomeness1

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
Yeah, my brother can't remember any passwords so we're getting the password reset on his apple ID account and hopefully there is something on icloud otherwise it's a lost cause. He only needs the photos and contacts and then he'll be switching to android which hopefully will go well for him.
It won't connect to iTunes though so it's stuck on disabled connect to iTunes limbo.

Yeah, my brother can't remember any passwords so we're getting the password reset on his apple ID account and hopefully there is something on icloud otherwise it's a lost cause. He only needs the photos and contacts and then he'll be switching to android which hopefully will go well for him.
It won't connect to iTunes though so it's stuck on disabled connect to iTunes limbo.

The phone was not synced to any cloud storage for backups? If not, make sure next phone is.