Can someone help me?

SorchaStewart

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Ok so here is the situation. I was on my laptop last night. It started shutting down on its own. It restarted and ran the disk fix stuff. It then restarted and did so normally until it got to the screen where you log into your portion of the computer, then the screen went black. You can see the mouse moving but Ctrl+alt+del doesn't work either. Can anyone help me with this?

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
So it gets to the log-in screen and then goes completely black but the only thing you can see if the mouse cursor? Nothing else? Follow saint19's and see if you can boot-up into safe mode and restore from there.

SorchaStewart

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

black screen still Before going to black screen it takes me back to windows loading error and launch repair or start windows normally. if I hit either of those it then goes to clack screen. sometimes the mouse shows and sometimes it doesn't.

SorchaStewart

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

It gets to what would be the log in screen but never shows it just goes black immediately.

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Try then with the "last good know configuration", if that still not work insert a Windows 7 DVD of the same version that you have installed and try to repair the current OS.

Let us know the results.

SorchaStewart

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

I have tried the last configuration. The issue is also that I don't have my windows 7 disk that came with the purchase of my laptop. it is 2700 miles away at my parents house.